Active Membership: $450 Annual Membership Fee
To become an active member of the NMOS the following qualifications must be met:
- Submit proof that you are a graduate of a recognized manual osteopathic program (please contact us to see if your school is recognized)
- Submit a copy of valid certification in Standard First Aid and CPR for adults and children
- Provide a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check completed within 90 days prior to applying.
Online third party checks are not acceptable. Disclose any criminal convictions
- Submit government issued photo identification
- Pay in membership fees as required
- Obtain insurance coverage through our preferred insurance broker
Application procedure for active membership:
- Complete application form
- Attach diploma(s) and transcripts (including previous training)
- Attach proof of Standard First Aid and Level C CPR certification. Online courses are not acceptable. Certificate must state Standard First Aid. (This must be kept valid at all times for active members.)
- Attach a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check. (This must be submitted every 3 years.)
- Attach a copy of government issued photo identification
- Enclose payment or pay by interac etransfer or by PayPal
- Email or mail contents to NMOS.
You will receive confirmation and be assigned a membership number. This number will not be activated until we receive proof of insurance coverage from Brokerlink. The current cost of an active membership is $450 for the year Insurance is processed and paid done separately through Brokerlink .
Download Active Membership Application
Inactive Membership: $250 Annual Membership Fee
To become an inactive member of the NMOS the following qualifications must be met:
- Be a graduate of a recognized manual osteopathic therapy program
- Is responsible for behaving in accordance with the bylaws and objectives of the NMOS
- Pay in advance all membership fees as required
- Wishes to maintain membership in the NMOS but is no longer billing for treatments
- Does not require insurance coverage
- Disclose any criminal convictions for which NMOS may reserve the right to refuse membership based on related or relevant criminal convictions
- Provide a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check completed within 90 days of applying. (This must be submitted every 3 years.)
Application procedure for inactive membership:
- Complete application form or contact the office to request a change of status for your membership.
- Payment can be made by interac etransfer or by PayPal
- Email or mail contents if required
- Attach a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Download Inactive Membership Application
Liability Insurance Requirements
Members must carry a minimum of $5,000,000 professional liability and general commercial liability insurance through our preferred insurance broker, Brokerlink. Commercial policies purchased elsewhere, must be reviewed and be equivalent to what our brokers have deemed appropriate coverage. Under insured members may have their membership inactivated.
Once a membership application has been processed, we will send you the link for insurance application. In order to activate your membership number and begin using it for billing purposes, you will need to contact the insurance broker and arrange for the submission of your application and to make payment arrangements.
The insurance company will then notify NMOS that your application has been processed and your insurance is in place. We will then activate your membership number, notify you via email that you are activated and you may begin to use your new NMOS number for billing purposes.
All Members are required to keep their places of practice (Clinics) updated, as client insurance companies will be able to verify active members by searching their name on the NMOS website.